Compostable Kitchen Sponge Set
What you get
- 2 x Plant Fibre Sponges
- 2 x home Compostable Coconut Scourers
Why we love them
- Coconut Scourers: Every conventional scourer on the market is made from plastic, breaks down and washes micro plastics into the ocean, but not this one! Made from Coconut fibre and natural tree rubber, it works really well and is home compostable - pop them in your garden or compost bin when you're done! Made from 50% Coconut fibre & 50% Natural Rubber Latex.
- Plant Fibre sponges: They absorb up to 20 times their own dry weight. Fantastic for wiping down benches, soft and gentle texture for washing the dishes and cleaning surfaces, commercially compostable. Can be washed and re-used over and over, made from 100% plant fibre cellulose
Use & Care Instructions
- Use the same as you would conventional sponges and scourers.
- Rinse before and after use.
17cm x 10.5cm, approximately 5mm thick when dry
End of Life:
Compostable vs. Home Compostable
There is a difference; the coconut scourers are home compostable but the cellulose sponges are compostable and need certain conditions which may or may not be achieved in home compost. It may be the case that it will break apart into smaller pieces but may not fully compost under home compostable conditions.
Caution: The coconut scourers contains natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions in those with sensitivities to latex.